The staff at the Office of International Affairs is here to support you in your study abroad experience and is available to talk with you if you have any questions or concerns. We are available to assist you should an emergency situation ever arise. Use the following numbers to contact us by phone:
- Office of International Affairs (OIA): 541-346-3207
(Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time)
- OIA 24-hour Emergency Contact Number: 541-346-2919
(This is the emergency number for the UO Police Department. They will contact an OIA staff member for you.)
When you call, ask the name of the person to whom you are speaking, then give that person the following information (please try to speak slowly and clearly):
- Your name
- Your location (Including the name of the country, province, city or town, and location within the city, the street address if possible.
- A brief explanation of the problem, the type of help you are requesting, and how we can contact you (Telephone number, FAX, or e-mail address)
We will try to contact you and to arrange help for you as soon as possible.
Here is some information which may be helpful:
- To find the nearest U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate on the Internet, go to http://www.usembassy.gov/ and select the country where you are. The Embassy and Consulate locations in each country are usually at the bottom of the page.
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC) 24-hour emergency number: Call (+44) 208 762 8110 from any country. Ask the international operator to connect you. (Note: +44 is not needed by students calling from within the United Kingdom.) Benefits include this 24-hour traveler's assistance number. Note that this number may only be used for medical or legal emergencies.